I know it is winter and cold, wind, rain and some snow are to be expected. But after about 1 1/2 feet of snow all but stopped Christmas festivities in their tracks, do we have to have more now? I mean, really. I just got one of the two Christmas trees down. The days are slowly getting longer and it is time to move on for goodness sake!
I'm down to one son left at home until he leaves for England on January 20th. How cruel! I had two weeks with both sons home. I was just getting used to having them here, to seeing them both together and just sitting back and taking in the beauty of it all and now it's gone. I have about two weeks until the other one goes and I am back to that feeling of emptiness that takes forever to abate. I know everyone goes through it when their kids leave but I feel like I'm the only one.
Oh well, tomorrow I start a three day juice fast. That means nothing but carrot/apple or pear/ginger or orange/grapefruit juice for three whole days. Boy, if that doesn't make you appreciate the simple pleasures, I don't know what will.
Anyway, the snow will eventually clear, the days will get longer and even though my kids will be far away, I know they will be back and that fact alone will have to enough for now.
Happy Birthday, Wes!
6 years ago

2 comments:
ugh...juice fast, this sucks mom! We are done after tonight! woohoo, what will our celebration diner be?
It was great seeing you guys as well! We had so much fun!!! Hopefully some more Rock Band in our near future!!!
I want to get shirts made for all od us, this summer-Chris is calling it Camp Conco....
Have a great wkend!
loves-
Jen and family
Post a Comment