Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Halloween

It's not hard for anyone who knows me to figure out which one of these is mine. Check out the new profile photo. I don't care how bad the Cougar football team is this year, I still bleed Crimson!

We spent the day yesterday listening to the Cougars get manhandled by the speed and talent of the Cal Bears but at the same time we watched the Huskies get equally manhandled by Oregon so it was okay. While listening and watching we decided to carve our Halloween Pumpkins. I'm not creative in that regard but this time I had the idea factory better known as my son Kale and he suggested my design and drew it on the pumpkin, I am not artistic whatsoever so I really don't know where he got it. Anyway, the above is the result.

What I learned in the whole process is that traditions like carving pumpkins, roasting pumpkin seeds wasn't as much fun for my son as I expected it had been. Neither were many of the other traditions I thought I was passing along to my sons associated with other holidays. In my zealous pursuit of many holiday traditions it seems I instilled the opposite in him. I guess the lesson to be learned is that every individual wants to celebrate, or not celebrate, each holiday in their own way and who is to say what is right or wrong?

I will continue my love of the holidays which I think kicks off with Halloween. Maybe some of the joy of this time will rub off eventually.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Kale Iverson said...

i think you missed the point though. i love my mom so i do things that make her happy even if i don't really like doing them as much as she does.

i did enjoy all the parts of the holidays where we made you smile.

so there.


Fight Fight Fight for Washington State!