Saturday, March 29, 2008

So Close!!!!!

I have been working very hard and I really had hoped that I would have reached my first interim goal of losing 20 pounds by now.  I am so close!  I weighed in today at 201, a 19 pound loss! This really seems to be somewhat of a plateau but I keep on working.  If you think about it, that is 19 pounds in 5 or 6 weeks.  I am still on track for my goal of 170 by Hawaii!  The good news is that I have gone down a size wearing size 18 pants that are loose and some size 16 pants.  Soon I will be exclusively in size 16 and then on to my goal of size 14.  I feel good, I'm getting to where I want to be so it's all good!

Spring is supposed to be here but you wouldn't know it by the snow on the ground outside.  This snow storm is our own version of March Madness.  Speaking of which, I am so proud of my Cougars.  Even in defeat against the number one team in the nation I saw the possibilities.  Please stay Tony Bennett! 

I am looking forward to Pullman in two weeks for Mom's Weekend.  Besides seeing my son who I can't believe I haven't seen since Christmas, I get to see Elton John live!  Never mind the fact that our seats won't be the best, I will be able to move and groove to the songs that were important during my time of "coming of age".  It's perfect that I will be seeing him in Pullman.  After all, that is where I first really got into listening to his songs while getting ready for Saturday nights, studying for finals (or note) and getting over a guy or two.  Can't wait!  Also, can't forget the football Spring game and a Cougar baseball game!  

Then, just a little over a month after I get back from Pullman, my other son, again whom I haven't seen since Christmas, will be back in the lower 48 to start his summer adventure.  It will be great just to know he is close, be able to maybe cook his favorite dinner for him, listen to his music and give him a hug.  

So, if you think about it, right now, and in the foreseeable future, my life is pretty good!  Everyone should be so lucky!


2 comments:

Hal Iverson said...

Great Work Mom!! 1 lb away from 20! And this isn't an Atkins diet, temporary thing, your doing it the healthy way= hard work and limiting calories. I am really proud of you. I love you.

Kale Iverson said...

I can't wait to be home to see the new you! I love you mom.


Fight Fight Fight for Washington State!