A little adventure is the best cure for "Empty Nester" syndrome. I am in Anchorage, Alaska on business but somehow work in a different state, nestled at the foot of the mountains just doesn't seem like work. Flying in, the pilot dipped the wings and we got a full on view of the mountains in bright sunshine. I believe the word "awesome" is overused but it is totally the right thing to say when describing these mountain.
For the week, I was down 2 pounds to 205 total but the inches, once again, remained approximately the same. I have lost 15 pounds in the 4 weeks I have been doing this and feeling better than I have in a long time. I am maintaining my workouts here in Anchorage using the hotel exercise room. The restaurants here are excellent but I am doing well eating the things I should be eating. I might have to stray a little one night though. There is a great Cajun restaurant in Girdwood and I believe the Shrimp Etouffe is calling my name. I will just have to work extra hard before and after that.
It feels good to be at least in the same state as my son. I know Anchorage is nothing like his island, however, I feel at least some of the wonder he experiences. My husband is here with me and looking forward to skiing if there is enough snow which I hear might be a problem.
I promise that once I am back home, I am determined to learn how to add photos to this blog and I will post some of the beauty.
Happy Birthday, Wes!
6 years ago

1 comment:
when can I expect a new blog entry? I am tired of checking this and seeing "Update from Anchorage" Even though I talk to you every day, I would like to see some work done on the ol blog!
Post a Comment