Saturday, June 21, 2008

Surprise Surprise!

Okay, so my goal at the beginning of all this was to get healthy. I have to say I feel better than I have in years. The amazing thing is that the heartburn that was such a regular part of my life that I had resorted to taking Prilosec every day is completely gone. Granted, I am eating better but I have to think it has something to do with less fat in my body. It is so nice to feel this good that no matter what, goal or not, I am living this way from now on.

Of course, the objective goal was to reach 170 pounds and size 14. Well, today I have lost 35 pounds, down to 185 so just 15 more to go to get to my goal. So, with that said I decided to just go ahead and try some size 14 Capri pants on. And guess what! They were too big and I had to buy size 12! Now, I know that different brands and styles fit differently and in fact, I also bought a pair of size 14 shorts. The point is, I can now explore the world of size 14 when I shop, something I have not been able to do I think since I was married (except for a brief stint after losing weight on the Atkins diet which I promptly gained back!). After that, I had to go grocery shopping and I had a smile on my face the whole time. I have always been a confident person, comfortable with myself but this has added to that. Not cockiness but more a self assured feeling of peace.

My dad always wanted me to lose weight but not because he thought I was too fat. His love was unconditional but I think he saw what it could mean for me. He used to turn the topic to those hypnosis treatment thinking that might help. It makes me even that much more proud to say I did it on my on and because of that, I know it will stay. Dad, I hope you are smiling now. I miss you so much!

In just over a month I will be in Hawaii soaking up the sun and the joy of being with my boys for a whole week and I know I will enjoy it so much more being healthy and happy in life.

1 comment:

Hal Iverson said...

Mom!

Those size 12's looked great on you too!! you look so good, I cant wait to soak up the sun in Hawaii!!! see you next weekend!


Fight Fight Fight for Washington State!