Saturday, June 7, 2008

Update on Fitness

It has been awhile since I even updated myself on my weight loss, fitness progress. It is worth waiting awhile because the results are so fun! Here is the comparison:

2/9/08 6/7/08 Goal
weight 220 187 -33 lbs 170
upper chest 41 37.5 -3.5"
bust 47 42 -5" 40
midriff 39 36 -3"
waist 40 37 -3" 36
upper arm 16 13.5 -2.5" 14
upper hip 48 45.5 -2.5"
hip 52 46 -6" 40
upper thigh 29 25 -4" 25
calf 15 15 0
size 20 16 -2 sizes 14

total weight loss to date is 33 pounds
2 sizes lost to a loose fitting 16, and not 16W!
total inches lost is 29.5 inches!!

So, what does this mean? It means I feel so much better. The heel pain I had on a daily basis is gone. I could walk the WSU campus on Mom's Weekend much more easily. We didn't make it to Kamiak Butte but I bet I could hike that more easily also. I can play softball on my office softball team and not embarrass or hurt myself. I won't embarrass my sons in Hawaii. But most of all, I may just possibly live longer to enjoy those grandkids I hope to have someday. By the way, my recent mammogram was clear which is a good thing given the family history here.

I have just under 2 months to get to my goals and while I may not make it by Hawaii I will definitely make it and may even go further. This has been an experience that proves anything can be accomplished if you put your mind to it. You just have to want it and I want this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME JOB SUSIE!!!

You looked GREAT when we saw you a couple of wks ago! We all had a fabulous time and then kids are STILL talking about it! We even had to go find more airplanes for the kids! :O)

Lots of love-
C, J, A and M Wicks

Hal Iverson said...

I am so proud of you!! Honestly mom, you dont embarrass me! Maybe when I was a kid and knocked over the wall of plates at the Hallmark store, and you took me aside and spanked me...but you dont embarrass me now, and your weight is something that has never embarrassed me. I love you mom!

alisha said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

It's great that you feel so much better! sounds like you have entered a positive feedback loop that will keep you striving for health.

Just being back in the Lower 48, eating right and being active, I have lost about 10 pounds without evening trying. It's amazing how sitting around the house during those long Alaska winters will pack on the pounds. I'll have to be more conscious of that next winter.

have a great summer and a great time in Hawaii!


Fight Fight Fight for Washington State!