It's funny, all my life Memorial Day was just a day off of school or work. Oh yes, I always knew it was a day to remember those who served the country in war and peace but it didn't touch me so I didn't think that much about it.
Now it has touched me. This Memorial Day it is all about remembering my parents. I will go to the cemetery where they are inurned. I haven't been there since the vault has been engraved. I want to see the view they have for eternity from there. I want them to know I think about them all the time and I thank them for all they did to help me become who I am. I want them to know that we are all fine, which I am sure they already know.
As hard as it is to be without parents in this world I have to be so grateful that I had them in my life for as long as I did. Think about all the children who lost parents in the many wars fought over the years. Heroes all but what a waste, those fighting and dying in a war being fought because of the inept leadership of our country. On this Memorial Day I have to put my faith in the change that is about to come. A change that will hopefully bring families back together and a new direction and respect for our country. It has to happen!
Happy Memorial Day to all. It means more than a day off. I know that now.

No comments:
Post a Comment