At any given time, I have something plugged in to recharge, camera battery, cell phone, cell phone hands free device, i-Pod. It got me thinking, what is it that I need to plug into to recharge?
The obvious answer is my kids. I have to admit that when I get to talk to them it does lift my spirits and recharge me to a certain degree. But sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it takes a turn to make me realize really just how far away they are and just how little control I have anymore. And I realize that while they may be the center of my world, I am but one part of theirs, albeit a very important part I know.
Sleep recharges me. This weekend I slept 10 hours both nights. There is nothing like sleep to clear the mind for the week to come.
Sunshine for sure! Both days this weekend had sun and that lends itself to one's mind drifting to the days of summer and sun and lots of activities.
I also have to say I am recharged by contact with old friends. I don't have a lot of them but those I have are very special and when I get to hear from them it makes me happy. You all know who you are.
But right now, more than anything, I am recharged by the fact that I just got my Elton John and Billy Joel Face to Face tickets for November 7th! This is his second show after his first show was sold out in like 5 minutes (I was shut out of tickets to that one). I saw Elton John for the first time a year ago on Mom's Weekend in Pullman (see my prior posts). It is a show that was unforgettable and I can't wait to see him again.
So, for now, I would have to say "Charge Complete".
Happy Birthday, Wes!
6 years ago

1 comment:
I'm so happy that you got your tickets!!!
Hope your battery lasts until I return to home.
"...me and suzy had so much fun"
:)
Post a Comment