For the second straight weekend, the weather in Washington has been summer-like and rejuvenating. And, for the second straight weekend, we have worked non-stop in our yard and garden.
I am too old for this! We started with a mountain of soil.
It was not all work and no play. It was actually a lot of fun. We took breaks, sitting in the sun and I have to say, my tan is in late summer form already. I may not have that much Indian blood but what I do have serves me well in the tanning department. Every night, we went out to dinner, last night being the most fun going to Porter's Place with my brother and his girlfriend. More on that in a later post. And that much hard work all day lends itself to a great night's sleep!
In addition to the box garden with tomatillos, lettuce, radishes, carrots, beets and swiss chard
This is only the beginning, this year. Next year we have even bigger plans. Who knows, we could be a farming household by this time next year.
Enjoy the summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment