Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cougar Pride!

I love my new blog look.  It brings out the Cougar in me which isn't all that hard.  I love being a Cougar.  But why? 

I remember the day my parents dropped me off at WSU for my first year.  The Stephenson dorms were new and I had a room on the 5th floor of Stephenson North.  My parents were so intuitive they knew exactly when to say their goodbyes and after having done that with my own sons I now know how hard it was for them.  I was their last one and I went the furthest away from home.  I don't know if I ever really thanked them for that.  

Anyway, I unpacked my things and waited for my roommate, who, unbeknownst to me, would become the single most roommate from hell but that's another story.  I decided to just walk around campus and I thought to myself as I did "This is my college".  I became a Coug that day and that is just something that is as sure as the breath I take.  

Yesterday I called my friend Jill for her birthday.  I met her in my first semester at WSU.  When I couldn't stand my roommate, she was always there for me.  She only stayed a semester but we have remained friends throughout the years.  She introduced me to my husband.  Those are the kinds of relationships you make at college, especially WSU.  

So, just how Cougar am I?  I have a multitude of WSU attire, doesn't everyone?  I have all three Legends of the Palouse DVD's.  We have plans to turn our family room into a Cougar room but that takes money and we still have a Cougar at school so that will have to wait.  I am known at work as the fanatic Cougar and you should see me on Apple Cup Friday.  I love it when they win!  Oh, and did I say I hate the Huskies?  That goes without saying.  Everyone knows that there is now and never will be anything purple in our house.  And finally,  I have two Christmas trees and one is all Cougar ornaments.  I spend the entire year surfing the internet for Cougar ornaments and I always find some.  

I have so many reasons to be proud that I am a Cougar.  If I had to have both my sons leave the nest, I am so glad they chose WSU.  A tradition begins that way.  

Thanks to my oldest son for making this blog just what I wanted it to be.  Let me know what you think.  

No comments:


Fight Fight Fight for Washington State!