Father's Day has come and gone without a post from me. Unusual, you say? I agree but it was a great day at the Mariner's with a 9th inning win!
I have posted on numerous occasions the importance of a great man in my life, my dad. I will continue to miss him as long as I live.
But yesterday was about another important man in my life, the father of my sons without whom I would not be able to say I have two of the best children in the world.
My husband is quietly a great husband and father. Raising my sons, I would easily have let them get away with anything and that would not have been. While a disciplinarian, my husband was also fair. He simply made sure our sons learned the importance of honesty, hard work and respect for others. He displayed these characteristics in himself and was the ultimate example for them.
We lived fairly modestly with the boys growing up. We didn't lack for the necessities but we didn't have the frills either. I know that sometimes bothered my husband, especially when compared to his brother who was a very "successful" architect. I submit, however, that my husband is the most successful of persons, measured by the sons he raised. The world is better with them and certainly better with my husband.
Happy Father's Day. I love you.
Happy Birthday, Wes!
6 years ago

2 comments:
You write about the incredible things that we have learned from dad in the past tense. Do you forget that we are young 20 somethings, who still know very little about life. I continue to learn from you and dad, and I imagine I will for the rest of my life. He is and always has been a wonderful father.
I couldn't agree more, Mark has been a wonderful Father. Dad loved him as his own and saw his positive attributes in the way only Dad could. I consider Mark a great Brother-in-law and of course we were a lot closer when we all lived in Omak. It was there that I really got to know Mark and the "cousins." Take a bow, Mark!
Lin
Post a Comment