No, it's not Christmas, obviously, although I did receive my yearly Danbury Mint Cougar Ornament already!
Actually, due to a moment of weakness, I have agreed with my immediate family members to limit our gift exchange this year to homemade gifts. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now, with my limited talents, I am beginning to panic. I am not at all certain that I have the imagination or the ability to fulfill this agreement.
I don't know how many blog readers I have but I am appealing to any and all who may read this to give me their ideas. Knowing that any quality hand made items may take time I am beginning this process in July, therefore, Christmas in July.
I love Christmas, and not because of the gifts exchanged. I think this is an awesome idea and I am really looking forward to what may come of it. I just hope I am up to the challenge.
Please let me hear your ideas!
Happy Birthday, Wes!
7 years ago

3 comments:
Does it count if you Buy Handmade? http://www.buyhandmade.org/ I took the pledge two years ago and I either make or buy handmade for most gifts excluding books and nephew gifts. www.Etsy.com is a great site for handmade and you have the Urban Craft Uprising show coming to Seattle August 1-2 http://urbancraftuprising.com/ so you should definitely check that out. If you want to make stuff, www.craftzine.com has a blog with great ideas, too many to try in a lifetime!
Hi! I'm Kale's friend Erin from Oscarville...soon to be Bethel!
One of the BEST Christmas presents I ever received from my mom was a photo album that she made. she made one that year for EVERYONE in our immediate family(including my dad).
I read all the Iverson family's blogs and one thing I noticed is that the entire family seems to love posting old photos and pictures on their blogs. Perhaps a hand made photo album like the one my mom made would be a really nice gift for everyone.
Here are some links I found online that shows you how to make them.
My mom chose the fabric based on our personalities and what we liked and then put a mat on the front of the album as well. She then inserted our baby pictures into this mat. We all loved our albums and that has spurred my mom to give one one hand made gift each year (which I love).
My mom chose to use batting in the ones she made for us but you don't have to.
http://www.pioneerthinking.com/chphotoalbum.html
http://www.diynetwork.com/decorating/photo-album-cover/index.html
http://prettypartridge.blogspot.com/2009/02/fabric-covered-photo-album-tutorial.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_4480548_make-fabriccovered-photo-album.html
It was a super easy project but it was super meaningful and special.
Hey Hal's Mom!!! Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it! Even though we have no met, I feel like I know you, somewhat. Hal was always talking about you, and how much of a momma's boy he is. I loved it! haha But anyways, as far as homemade gifts go, I make them ALL the time. Not to brag or anything. I just like making things for my friends and family for birthdays or Christmas. I do mostly decoupage stuff. Keepsake boxes, picture frames, letters of their first name, etc. Here is a link as an example: http://www.hgtv.com/topics/decoupage/index.html I wish I had some pictures of some of the stuff I did. but, those are some ideas. I've also done a simple scrapbook for my mom a couple of Christmas' ago.
Hope that helps!
Post a Comment