So, now I care. This was aided, in large part, by the thought that I want to be around and vital in 30 years. I don't want my sons to have to deal with a weak and unhealthy mother later in life when there is something I could have done to prevent that. I have to ask myself why it took so long to come to this realization but I am starting now, not looking back with regrets.
So, today my new workout videos, weights, healthy eating plan, arrived and I am ready to begin. To do that, as embarrassing as it is, I need to post the details of my beginning weight, measurements and photo (if I can figure that part out). That way, when I have to update this in a month, I won't want to embarrass myself (even though I am the only one reading this) by not showing results. So, here it goes:
Weight 220 lbs
Bust 47"
Waist 40"
Upper arm 16"
Hip 52"
Thigh 29" (there are women whose waist is this size)
Dress size 18-20
Pant size 20
So there it is. This can't be healthy. At this point, I need to say that I don't necessarily feel bad about myself at this time in my life. I was taught better than that by the most amazing, positive parents. However, I am certain that if, no when, I can get on track with a new, healthy lifestyle, I will feel better about myself and that can't be a bad thing.
I need the people I love or even people I don't know to help me stay on track. If I put these measurements out there I have way too much pride not to see results at some point. It might not be immediate but it will come.
There should be goals, right? Well here they are:
Weight 170 (a total weight loss of 50 lbs)
Bust 40 (I'm not sure what would be right for me)
Waist 36
Upper arm 14
Hip 40 (this is likely going to be the hardest)
Thigh 25
Dress size 14
Pant size 14
I thought about being more aggressive with these goals but over my life I have found that my weight and clothing size in this area makes me feel the best. No one says I can't adjust these goals when I reach these. The time frame to reach these goals is also aggressive. I want to be there by the time I go on the most highly anticipated family vacation, Hawaii, on July 26th. That means almost 6 months, just 10 lbs a month. I can do that, right?
I know from experience there will be ups and downs. The key is to see the ups more often than the downs and accept that the downs happen and get over it.
Today I start to care about myself, my body, my health so that I will always be able to care about the most important part of my life, my family.

3 comments:
You can do it mom! Remember its like getting a train started up. It may be slow and hard at first but once you get it going its a hard thing to stop. I can't wait to keep up to date on how you're doin!
Way to go, how courageous. Best of luck and keep us posted. I too think music makes all the difference, I even made workout mixes on my ipod. OK Go is great.
Im proud of you mom! This is a crucial thing posting your weight on here. I know your going to acheive those goals, It will be hard, but they are attainable. Who knows you could surpass those goals!!!
I love you.
Post a Comment