Saturday, April 5, 2008

199!!!!!!!

For the first time in a very long time, I have gotten my weight under 200.  Currently 199!  that means a total of 21 pounds lost since I started this journey.  That's just 4 pounds away from halfway to my goal and I still have over three months to get there!  I know Pride goeth before the fall, however, I am proud of myself.  

I didn't realize quite how selfish I kind of have to be to get there.  There are so many reasons to not work out or to eat something wrong.  I still haven't had any sugar since I started this except what is in normal items like bread etc.  For someone who could previously have eaten an entire bag of peanut M & M's that is really something.  

Last night we went bowling for a friend's 50th birthday party.  What a blast!  I wasn't very good but I did get better as the night went on.  Amazingly, I felt good.  I feel like the best part of exercising and eating better is feeling better, physically and emotionally.  I think I have always been pretty self confident but now I feel it is more justified.  I'm not calling this a transformation because I am fundamentally the same and always will be.  It's just a better same if that makes sense.  

Just a week until I get to see one of my sons and under two months until I get to see the other one.  For a brief moment in time I will be complete.  

4 comments:

Kale Iverson said...

Oh my gosh That's so cool mom! You can now say you doin it! No sugar huh? Well you're gonna have to give me some fat food when I get home because I weigh 167 now (13 lbs lost since I got here). I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, I'm Chandra's mom. I'm guessing that maybe you've read my daughter's blog. As I read Kale's blog daily.

This empty nest thing burns!

Great job on your weight loss. I started my life style journey and am down 85 lbs. I remember seeing the scale flicker back and forth between 201-199. Still have a little way to go, but I'm not turning back.

We have some neat kids. If you'd like to contact me my address is kathy.dave@hotmail.com

Kathy

Hal Iverson said...

Mom, I am so proud of you! Almost halfway there!!! I am really confident that you can do it!!! Welp, looks like about 5 days till your here in lil ol Pullman! I cant wait to see you!!!

Hal Iverson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Fight Fight Fight for Washington State!